Basketball as an alternativeIt is one of the most popular sports in the modern world, and one can definitely stay fit by playing basketball. It doesn't require any extra equipment and investment. But as long as you have a nice pair of shoes and basketball you can train up to the best portable basketball hoop and enjoy the game. It provides the same benefit as that of a five-mile run or an hour spent in the gym. And is much lighter on your purse.
Advantages of playing Basketball
- Burns tones of calories: The game involves running, jumping and lateral movements which burn calories, between 650-900 depending on your physique. Also, it provides with the great amount of aerobic exercise.
- Provides great cardiovascular exercise: Depending on how much time you play and the breaks between subsequent quarters it keeps your heart rate up, thus more you play better your heart health and minimum chances of stroke and heart diseases at a later stage of life.
- Builds endurance: This is the 2nd fastest game after ice-hockey and requires its player to be in the continuous state of running, dribbling and other skills, gradually building up endurance in players as they get adapted to it. Thus provides a full body workout and can help develop useful, lean muscles.
- Develops bone and muscles strength: The physical demands of basketball involve weight bearing causing new bone tissue to form, thus making your bone stronger. Also during the game the muscles and bones tug and push against each other which increases their strength.
- Improves coordination and motor skills: The skills like dribbling provides and improves land and eye coordination, and that of rebounding improves full body coordination. While tapping and blocking improves your motor skills, the more you play better these skills get with time.
- Improves spatial awareness and concentration: While playing the game, you will become more aware of your surrounding and would focus on improvising during the game. Thus would be able to pass and dribble without looking. Playing regularly improves your concentration as you stay focused and try not to cause any penalties by breaking any rule. This also improves self-discipline.
- Well, there are countless other benefits of playing basketball such as it reduces stress, enhancing confidence or boosting the immune system and others.
Precautions to be takenWell it’s a great game, but at the end of the day it remains contact sports and if you do not go slow in the beginning there are high chances of you getting injured. During the games avoid contacts with other players as you may get seriously hurt by the impact.
If you are keen on your health, there are many things you can do. When you visit the internet, you will find a lot of information on how you can improve your health. It is not possible to do all the things that you read. Also, it is hard to follow all the advice you get from people. There are many personal trainer courses manchester that can help you improve your health. The best option you have is to choose one of two options to follow as you look forward to improving your health. One of the best things you can do is to undertake personal trainer courses. Here are some of the ways on how personal trainer courses improve health.
Help plan short and long term goals
Personal trainer course are vital because they help you be able to come up with both short and long term goals to attain optimum health. You will understand more how your body functions and the most important things required for it to be healthy. For example, if you are looking for ways to lose weight, you will know the reason you are overweight.
Then you will understand the best strategies you can apply to deal with exact problems leading to excessive weight. If you have excess fats, you will learn the best ways to burn the fat. You will understand the realistic duration you can take to attain your desired changes and good health. You do not only come up with realistic goals but also programmes on how to attain them.
Understand the right nutrients to take
The nutrients you take contribute substantially to your overall body health. Personal trainer courses help you understand the good food you should take and in what amount. You know the nutrients to make depending on your age, health status, the job and others all geared towards making you live a healthier life. With proper nutrition, you also reduce the risk of diseases.
Get help with your workouts
Exercises are vital for your overall body health. However, not all exercises can help you attain optimum health depending on your personal characteristics and circumstances. Personal trainer courses are vital because they make you understand the right exercises that can contribute to improving your health. You will learn the exercises that are right for you, routine to follow and food to eat to get the best results from your exercises.
Check your health progress
Personal trainer courses help you understand how you can monitor your progress without having to visit your physician or trainer. You will be able to evaluate how you are progressing towards meeting your set goals and make the necessary changes. There are also different devices you can use to check your health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and others. The courses will help you understand how to use them effectively.